Morso Spare Blades Standard
Morso Spare Blades - Standard
Made by Morso using special steels produced in Austria, it gives them excellent quality and long life.
The hardness of the brazed-in edge of Standard blades is Rockwell HR64 where others are often maxed. HR58.
Morso blades are a little more expensive than other brands but many say they last up to 6 times longer. These blades do not fit Cassese mitre guillotines. Use 17mm socket spanner.
You should ideally have three pairs of blades - one on the machine, one ready to put on, and one away for sharpening.
Change Morso blades in 8 steps:
- Lockdown the foot pedal using the pedal adjuster and a 17mm socket spanner.
- Loosen bottom blades with a T-handled 5mm hex key and remove them.
- Loosen and remove bolts on both sides, top and bottom ones first. Lastly, the middle bolt and carefully lift the blade out.
- Clean the blade holder with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- Fit the new blades, starting with the middle bolt. Only hand tighten at this stage.
- Use a large flat-bladed screwdriver to adjust positioning so that the bottom edges of the blades are aligned.
- Fully tighten the bolts in the upper blades with your socket spanner.
- Adjust bottom blades so that they just meet the top blades. Work front to back while raising the blades with the foot pedal.
Now the fixed bottom blades should be a smooth fit again the moving blades. Re-fit rebate supports and top guard.